Thursday, 4 August 2011

How to attract customers into your shop.

By Muralismo

Times are tough right now for Retailers and it is more important than ever to do everything you can to get those customers into your shop.

 I came across this article today and want to share it with you all as more and more of my customers these days are Retailers. I hope you find it helpful.









Do shoppers walk right past your store without coming in?

Do you know what attracts customers into your store? Do you know how to keep your shoppers' interest and get them to explore your merchandise? Are you using merchandising techniques to guide shoppers through your store and get them to buy?

Poor merchandising not only stops potential customers from opening the door and coming in...it puts up a wall, stopping customers who come in from buying. When you understand how to avoid those pitfalls, and learn how to attract customers instead, you'll be able to keep them coming back for more.

What is merchandising anyway?

 

Merchandising really just means selling. It's everything you do to sell your product to the consumer.
When I talk about merchandising, I am referring to how you use your physical store to sell. That includes your store front, store design, lighting, store layout, furnishings or fixtures, merchandise placement, displays, signs and graphics.


Many retailers struggle to put these things together in a way that works. You might think merchandising is a secret ability that some people have, and others don't.
It's not. Merchandising consists of basic skills and steps that you can learn. Knowing how merchandising attracts customers takes away the guesswork. You learn what works and what doesn't. You become more confident about your business. You're able to measure your results.

The purpose of this website

 

I began Inspire Retail Solutions because I wanted to pass on what I've learned about retail. In my work I discovered that many retailers lack confidence and knowledge about merchandising and display. They feel merchandising is the area they need to improve the most, and don't know how.
If you're like them, you have great ideas & products, but struggle to attract enough customers. By passing on the knowledge I have gained from my education and 20+ years of experience, I can help you be more successful.


I love making things work better. And I love teaching. I get the biggest kick in my business when I have a client that says, "I get it! Now that you've explained to me how it works, it all makes sense. I can do this!"
In this website, you'll find information you can use to transform your store into one your customers will love.

Where do I start?

 

Get started now by subscribing to the Retail Tips email newsletter. When you subscribe, you'll also get access to the free report, Attracting Customers: Steps to Getting More Customers In The Door. The report will give you some ideas you can implement in your store right away. Make sure you share the report with others on your team, so you can all work together to attract shoppers.

Now, click the button to get started.

Click Here
From rainy Vancouver,

Melanie McIntosh
Inspire Retail Solutions
P.S. Don't forget to explore the site, in particular, jump over to the blog to read more merchandising articles. Or check out these ones first:
Why Is Retail Merchandising Important?
Why You'll Never Have Time For Merchandising: 10 Daily Actions For Success
The Secret Grocery Retailers Know (And You Should Too)
Is Your Merchandise Plan Working Backwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment